Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Have to get a scram bracelet. Late already. Failed the

Customer Question

Have to get a scram bracelet. Late for appointment already. Failed the breathalyzer in my car. I will test positive for alcohol right off with the bracelet. Should I wait (about 6 hours) until my BAC is 0.00? or go ahead and get a taxi to take me to my
already missed appointment?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no phone. They took everything out of my car as evidence
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have to stop and get a money order for them. Can I lie and said hubby had to take the car. The other got impounded
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

If you miss the appointment you're going to be in trouble. If you get caught in a lie you're going to get in trouble. A positive on the SCRAM won't make the powers that be happy either, but if you didn't have a drinking issue, you wouldn't need the SCRAM.

So it's probably best to keep the appointment. But Call them and tell them you're running late and ask whether you can change the time so that you don't show up there and find they can't fit you. In that way, you may be able to stall for 6 hours without penalty.