Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In Colorado, a charge of Disorderly Conduct at City

Customer Question

In Colorado, a charge of Disorderly Conduct at City Municipality, can it have more serious charges brought to them at the County level. Example, a fight broke out in the small town, the parties were charges with Disorderly Conduct, however, one of the parties ended up suffering from a traumatic brain injury. Can the County District attorney charge the other parties with a more serious charge without it being double jeopardy?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends...have you been arraigned on this yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here is the problem, my husband was in a fight in a small farm town here in Colorado. He had his head bashed into the pavement over and over. he parked on the public street in front of a house with a very intoxicated couple. He was picking up a child at the highschool Football game. They all three were charged with disorderly conduct, pled quilty in there little muncipality court paid their fines, 3 weeks later husband has a headache and they discovered a large brain bleed. He is in serious condition, has brain damage. Doe the double jeopardy law apply for the County District Attorney to still beable to charge this couple with a more serious charges?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still here?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am going to discontinue our chat. Please do not charge my card. Thank you *****
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, would you care to continue?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Thank you
Thank you for your reply.
Please contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help and you can get a refund.
Please DO NOT reply here as the question will not close if you do so.