Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I am ***** ***** I live on dorms in my college and a girl

Customer Question

Customer: hi I am ***** ***** I live on dorms in my college and a girl there is saying im stalking her but charges have not been made to the police
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: currently that is what they are telling me that im stalking and im not sure what to do, I do not know how or who i am stalking.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see her regally other then going to the cafeteria at the commons right next door to the dorm building I live in and she lives in the same dorm as well the same floor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please email the advice to ************* it is not letting me create a account because of my password
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

When you say that "they" have been accusing you of stalking, who are "they?" If not the police, are your school administrators investigating you, or is there just a rumor among other students that you're stalking someone.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

I was hoping to hear from you before providing an answer, but as I haven't I will do so now. If you have a follow up you can reply on this thread.

If only the girl herself and/or her friends are accusing you of stalking her, she is putting you on notice that she does not wish to be around you. It would be a wise thing to steer clear of her to the extent you can so that she doesn't go forward and press charges. Obviously, if you are in any of her classes, you don't have to avoid those, but don't go out of your way to be where you know you'll be able to find and see her and if you do run into her, ignore her.

Other than that, there is nothing that you'd be able to do right now, since this hasn't risen to the level of a campus or a criminal offense. But it can, and you're on notice that your attentions are unwelcome. So be careful. Even if you think you're doing nothing wrong, she thinks otherwise and can make problems for you.

If there's more information you need to give me or to follow up with, reply and tell me and I'll be happy add to this answer so that you get all the information you want about the situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
her and her friends are telling me im stalking, or maybe ill hear justin better stop stalking, but I am wondering if I am at the dorm building and am headed to class and head to the commons to catch a school shuttle to class and then then take the shuttles back to the commons to go back to my dorm building even though I have not pass by her or see her can she, can that be used as a form of stalking?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

You are a student and you are entitled to attend classes and to take the school shuttle to and from campus. She has no protective order. So you can do and go wherever you like. BUT, she has you know that she doesn't want you to bother her. If you see her, you should go the other way or ignore her. If you're concerned that she may lie about your whereabouts and get false charges pressed against you, have friends with you when you take the shuttle, so that they can act as your witnesses that no incident or contact of any kind occurred.