Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
17897874

I went on to property, to get my belonging, I didn't make

Customer Question

I went on to property, to get my belonging, I didn't make physical contact with this person, however i did break the order.what can I do to receive a charge of a lessor of offence to avoid a felony conviction, and a year in jail?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

As a general rule, being convicted of a lesser offense would be the result of a plea bargain. That means that before the case goes to trial you would speak to the prosecutor in court and offer to plead guilty to a lesser charge, such as trespassing or disorderly conduct. If the prosecution accepts the deal then the case is called, you step up and the prosecutor will inform the judge and you will plead guilty.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

It is not required that you have an attorney, but it is highly recommended. Especially, if you are looking at potential jail time.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Also, realize that the vast majority of cases sertle in this manner rather than go to trial.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?