Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in criminal law, BA in criminal justice
20355756

How to get a public defender in New Branfels, Tx. lady who

Customer Question

How to get a public defender in New Branfels , Tx. for a lady who is beings taken to court to remove her deviled husband from her home to turn over to the state. she is being accused of untruths about his care. they told her Friday that he could be taken away. she has no money to fight them and needs legal aid now. she has one leg because of polio, and has use crutches for years. on thanksgiving she slipped and fell and broke her hip and. she doesn't need to be fighting adult services now, but she and her husband need help instead. she is being harrest while she is laying in bed alone. what is wrong with these people. she has her neighbors helping when hey can, and up to now has a cleaner house then most. they said her house was dirty, which is a lie. i can get many neighbors to tell you that this is a lie. she is covered as a handicappedis person who is b
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

I note that you have requested a telephone call and want to let you know that there are additional charges for a telephone call and perhaps I can assist you here in the written section without a telephone call if you would prefer. The charge for a telephone call of 30-40 minutes is $60 (I do not set the price!). Please let me know if you still want me to submit the offer for the telephone call for you to accept and I will happily call you within a few minutes or if you would like to simply discuss this here in the text for the original amount that you paid/deposited. I will handle this in whatever manner you prefer.

-

MARY

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No phone call please.
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem. !!!

-

Can you tell me if there have been any criminal charges filed against this poor woman? If not, have they threatened criminal charges against her if she does not comply with their directives ?

-

Also, what county are you in there in Texas ?

-

-

MARY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No charges yet, just telling her they are going to let the state take him. He has had 3 strokes, and is now getting some better. Then she brakes her hip and leg. She has only one leg and lost her other leg 50 years ago because of polio. Our neighborhood has been helping her , but she needs help better then us now. We are in Comal county Texas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This travistty againt her is making me so angry. With Federal law for handicapped people help her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no family that can help her. Her mother is very old and needs help herself. I am getting tired, so can I look up my answer tomorrow morning, and send the answer to her E-mail so that she can see it. It kills me that she is laying there hurting so badly all by herself. I need to check on her before I go to sleep if I can now. I am so upset by all of this!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello again --

-

I apologize for the delay but seem to be having computer glitches and interruptions this evening like no other before this and I have actually been trying to answer your question for about the last two hours and kept getting kicked back to other questions that I was working on earlier in the evening. I truly am sorry that this happened with this question and am posting an answer below.

-

First, members of the public are not entitled to the services of a free or low cost public defender for every legal case they are involved with. In Texas (and all states) the only time when a public defender is offered to a defendant in the case is (A) in a criminal matter where the judge can impose a sentence which includes jail time (even if the judge chooses not to jail the person), or (B) when parents are faced with losing their parental rights completely to the state and their child will be put up for adoption. If your friend is charged with a criminal offense in this case, she will be asked for her financial information by the clerk of courts at the first court date and if her income is low enough, the court will immediately appoint a public defender to represent her from that point forward. In all other legal cases (landlord/tenant, foreclosure, family law and custody/visitation issues and child support, all civil lawsuits), the party is expected to either represent themselves or obtain the services of a legal aid attorney or to pay for an attorney themselves.

-

In your friends case, she or someone on her behalf should immediately contact all of the legal aid and pro bono offices in your area of Comal County / San Antonio Texas. Here is a website list of all statewide legal aid services in Texas AND a breakdown of such services on a county by county basis (with telephone numbers listed beside each office) -- If you copy and paste the address below into your browser and press enter it will bring you to the exact page at the website I a referring to ---

https://txpd.org/tpj/04/probonoproj.html

-

If there is a long wait for such services and none of these offices can help her right away, then she might also contact area disability advocate groups to see if they can assist her either with a lawyer referral that will cost her nothing or with some funds to at least be able to have a face to face consultation with a local lawyer who may be able to then work something out for free or a greatly reduced cost due to her disability and income status (if either this woman or her friend that she cares for are Veterans of the US services, then someone should also contact the local Veterans advocacy group for assistance -- the Veterans advocacy groups generally have a representative in each county in every state and their offices/jobs are usually at least partly funded using state and federal grant money so the Veterans advocate usually has an office at City Hall or the County Head offices -- so I suggest calling the local town/city/county hall or seat of government and simply asking the operator the name and contact information of the local Veterans Officer - they should be able to tell you without any issues).

-

I truly wish that I could solve this for you with a few paragraphs and give you a law or a case that you could use to get these people to back off from your friend, but no such law or case exists and it is sometimes a tedious process of many telephone calls and emails to get people the help that they need -- be it legal, medical, etc.

-

Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating ABOVE these chat boxes in the rating section before you leave the website so I will be paid for my time assisting you tonight. Pressing a positive rating means pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above. You will not be charged additional money for pressing a positive rating -- it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you.

-

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND AGAIN I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY and THE TECHNICAL ISSUES I SEEMED TO BE HAVING WHEN TRYING TO GET BACK TO YOU ON THIS (I truly did type in an answer three separate times and was kicked offsite each time for some reason)

-

MARY

-