Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My 50% partner of a private corporation has stolen records,

Customer Question

My 50% partner of a private corporation has stolen records, file, computer programs and left to start their own business. How do I terminate their ownership?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Generally, you can do this without court intervention if the partners agree to dissolve the company. But, in this case, where there's apparent misgivings, misrepresentations and breaches of fiduciary duties, etc., you're probably going to have to file a petition in court for the dissolution of the corporation and have a court sift through the assets and debts and determine who gets and who owes what.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You likely have a claim against the partner for breach of his fiduciary duty and also possibly misappropriating privileged information/trade secrets of the company.