Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My name is ***** ***** leininger was convicted of marajuana

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** leininger was convicted of marajuana posession
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have not had an issue since then 1992 i beleive it was posession with intent to deliver plea bargain
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 12 months ago.

In what US state were you convicted of possession with intent to sell marijuana? What is the question that you want to ask us about this?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Pennsylvania can i get a concealed carry permit
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i have never been in any trouble since then

Thank you. Whether you've been in trouble since is not particularly relevant. The issue is whether or not your charge was a misdemeanor or a felony back in 1992. Do you know? How much marijuana did you possess with the intent to sell?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
2.5 pounds

Thanks again for the quick reply.

I don't have good news for you. Possession with intent to sell 2.5 pounds of marijuana in Pennsylvania would be a felony, and therefore your conviction cost you both your state and your Federal gun rights. Regardless of the passage of time, that conviction does not expire. So even though you've been out of trouble since 1992, you still have no gun rights.

Unfortunately, neither your particular state nor the Federal government will restore your rights unless your offense has been pardoned by the governor. A pardon does not erase your record, but it does forgive it, and that will satisfy both Pennsylvania and the Federal government, which will both lift the bar against you and restore your second amendment rights. You can find out more about the pardon and how to get one here. It's a long shot but it's your only recourse. Pardons are free and you can apply for one without a lawyer, so there's no reason not to give it a try.