Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What is the "normal" punishment in Texas first time offender

Customer Question

What is the "normal" punishment in Texas for a first time offender charged with a Felony 4th degree?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no "normal" or "average' punishment. There is a range of punishment, but what one gets depends on the following:

-the alleged criminal act (what was it?)

-any prior misdemeanors?

-age of the Defendant

-is this a plea deal or jury/judge decision?

-mitigating factors/what happened

Etc. So there is simply no way to know as every case is different, and Texas does not keep statistics on what an average is.

Now if you provide me with the information above, I can possibly tell you from an average of what I have personally seen, but it would be a hypothetical guess at best.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!