Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son was involved in an accident in a night time work zone

Customer Question

My son was involved in an accident in a night time work zone in which the arrow board was already down and two workers were picking up cones in the dark. My son clipped the sign once he saw the reflector tape, and the two workers lost their lives. After over a year and a half felony charges were filed for something like worker safety manslauter. We tried finding an attorney but found they want $12,000+ up front. That's just not possible, but this is his life and I don't think a public defender will fit this bill.Any advice?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. "Any advice" is a very open-ended question. What exactly are you asking here?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!