Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  15 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I was arrested 2 times. On the first arrest the case was

Customer Question

I was arrested 2 times for fraud. On the first arrest the case was dismissed and the second arrest the charges were dropped. I was offered a management position at a bank and they are asking me to provide both the arrest police report and the disposition for both charges. Why do they need me to provide the arrest police report and the charges were dropped and the disposition states that? When they asked me to provide my side of the story could it be possible that they already had the report on hand? Are they asking me to provide it again to make sure that I'm telling the truth?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Why do they need me to provide the arrest police report and the charges were dropped and the disposition states that? When they asked me to provide my side of the story could it be possible that they already had the report on hand? Are they asking me to provide it again to make sure that I'm telling the truth?

.

I think you have hit the nail in the head here as they want to not only ensure that you are telling the truth, but they want to see if there are any details that you left out that would make them hesitant to hire you. If they read the reports they want to come to the same conclusion that the prosecutor came to.....that there is nothing there and this was just some kind of misunderstanding that shouldn't have ever happened in the first hand.

.

When you are dealing with banks, they are ultra cautious and not know for trusting or taking risks on people without conducting full checks on them first.

.

.

thanks

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

I went ahead and closed your other question so you aren't charged for two question threads.. You just need to hit "reply" to respond in this thread..

.

Why must I provide another police report if they already have it? Would they ask me to provide a police report of they already have it on hand or is it that they don't have the report but need to see it to make sure that my account of what happened matches the police report?

.

I think that if they are asking for you to get a copy of one, then they may not have it and don't want to go to the trouble and expense of doing their own legwork to get the copy if they can get you to do it. The simple fact is that they are probably lazy and don't want to go down to the police dept to request a copy themselves so it is easier for them to just request that you provide one.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks