Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

MY GRANDDAUGHTER GOT ARRESTED SHE IS 17 A GOOD KID SHE WOULD

Customer Question

MY GRANDDAUGHTER GOT ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING SHE IS 17 A GOOD KID SHE WOULD NEVER EVER DO THIS SHE HAS BEEN ON ZOLOT FOR 4 MONTHS AND ALSO TAKES ADDERAL FOR ADD SHE HAD A RING ON HER FINGER AND A BRACELET ON AND HAD PUT OTHER JEWELRY IN POUCH OF HOODIE SHE SAID SHE DIDNT REMEMBER WHAT WAS IN THE POUCH I WOULD HAVE SWORE ON MY LIFE SHE WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE THIS.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of criminal law practice experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Well, even though the situation is scary and troubling for you guys, there is good news. The worst case scenario here is that she is a minor and this will roll off of her record in one year if she is convicted. That said, since there was medication involved and since she is a first time offender, you have a really good chance of avoiding a conviction altogether.

If you can get a list of her prescriptions together and request a meeting with the prosecuting attorney prior to the trial, you may be able to get this charged either dismissed or remanded to the file (which means they do not prosecute as long as she completes a community service project).

I suggest that you attempt to set up a meeting as soon as possible with the prosecutor to attempt to have the charge dismissed or remanded to the file. Bring proof of the prescriptions and also point out that she is a good girl, this is her first offense and she is willing to do community service to avoid a conviction. Most prosecutors will be happy to make that deal. Also tell the prosecution she is willing to never set foot in the establishment that caught her again.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my work.

Best wishes going forward!

Did you have any other questions or comments. I want you guys to be as comfortable as possible in this difficult situation. Thanks!