Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

If you are charged with a misdemeanor DUI and the arresting

Customer Question

If you are charged with a misdemeanor DUI and the arresting officer does not appear on the trial date 3 times in a row for the reason of being his day off, what recourse does the accused have seeing it a hardship for him to keep attending the trial dates (*****from his home ) Thank you !!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Hello:

My name is ***** ***** I would be more than happy to answer your legal question. Surprisingly, in stark contrast to the federal government and the overwhelming majority of other states, North Carolina does not have a Speedy Trial law (although the state is bound by the U.S. Constitution, specifically the Sixth Amendment made applicable to the states via the Fourteenth Amendment). Before we begin, how long has your case been pending? This will help me give you an accurate statement of the law as it applies to your situation.

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Hello:

It has been a few days since the last posting and I am wondering if you have any follow up questions? If not, please remember to click "accept" and leave positive feedback so I may receive credit for my assistance. Thank you!