Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

My husband tried to kill me. I have twelve broken

Customer Question

My husband tried to kill me. I have twelve broken bones,PTSD,nand a TBI with permanent brain damage and they refuse to press charges. I have a restraining order with about fifty violations against it. He has driven me to Suicide twice. And, still they don't press charges. He tampered with my car causing it to crash and they would not investigate. The forensic neuropsychologist said that he is a narcissist with anger management disorder. I want to sue the district attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

While you may sue the district attorney, it will be a very difficult case. I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of your case, but district attorneys are largely immune from suit when it comes to decisions whether or not to prosecute an individual unless there is some other wrongdoing.

You can sue in state court, but you might have better luck brining a suit in federal court for a civil rights violation.

In the interim, you can file a complaint against the DA with the state bar association, as well as the attorney general for your state.

Finally, you can file a complaint with the US Dept of Justice.

I hope this helps.