Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

There's this girl who has my stuff and wouldn't give it

Customer Question

There's this girl who has my stuff and wouldn't give it back, I went to her house and she was home w her mom but they ignored me. So I carved "bitch" on their door. The next day the mom came up to me in public and yelled at me calling me a "stupid ass bitch" threatening me and telling me they threw my stuff away. They had no evidence I carved it and it's about two inches big. Can they still charge me some how without hard evidence?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were no eye witnesses & she lives in an apartment complex of a busy and (ghetto) part of town
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You can be charged with a crime, such as criminal mischief for damaging property if they say that they know you did it because they either witnessed you do it, or you admitted it during the argument.

If they did not see you do it, there are no other witnesses, and you did not tell them that you did it, you cannot be charged.

Please remember to rate my response. Just Answer only gives me credit if my response is rated. Thank you.