Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I had a criminal background check run on me recently

Customer Question

I had a criminal background check run on me recently for my daughter's field trip, chaperoning. It came back with 9 counts of 190.05 and 3 counts of 240.20. from back in 2003-04 The 9 counts were plead down to the 3 counts of disorderly conduct, but on my background check it said 3 counts of "dangerous and hazardous behavior" How do I get this fixed on my criminal background check in NY?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a New York State lawyer. Disorderly conduct is a violation and not a crime. New York seals disorderly conduct convictions, and when it has sealed the case it should seal all records having to do with that case, including the fact that the original charges were for 190.05.

If your convictions were never sealed you would need to write to the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS). They are the agency that maintains the criminal records for the state. Ask them to correct you record:

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/