Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION TO HAVE A PUBLIC DEFENDER TO

Customer Question

WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION TO HAVE A PUBLIC DEFENDER TO REPRESENT YOU IN COURT. REPRESENTATION WILL BE IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF MARYLAND, BALTIMORE CITY. CASE NO. XXXX. PLEASE ADVISE. MY EMAIL IS***@******.*** or***@******.***. The first email is my work and the other is my home. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kay, I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling criminal matters. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Any person that is facing criminal charges has a write to representation via the US Constitution. In Maryland, you have to apply at the Office of Public Defender, not just through the District Court in which your case resides. Here are the instructions and contact information.

The Office of the Public Defender handles any criminal case carrying a possible jail sentence.

Eligibility for Public Defender services is determined by using six statutory factors

You must apply at least ten (10) working days prior to your trial date.

You may apply at most OPD Offices, not just the County where you will go to court.

You will be interviewed by an Intake Specialist, complete a written application, and be asked to provide information about your income and assets.

Call 1(###) ###-####for more information.

They can get you lined up if you qualify under the 6 factors mentioned above.

The Office of the Public Defender handles any criminal case carrying a possible jail sentence or a fine greater than $500.00. Eligibility for Public Defender services is determined by comparing a client’s financial condition to the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

Even if your friend is not eligible for services from the Public Defender, their office personnel may be able to provide information about other programs, if any, that provide pro bono criminal defense services.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so that I can receive credit for my work.

Best!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE CANCEL - NO HELP AT ALL.