Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I would like to fight/sue the state (Legislation) of

Customer Question

I would like to fight/sue the state (Legislation) of Nebraska due to the "look-back" law that was changed from 12 to 15 years. I had 3 back in###-##-#### ***** got one this last year and now they are charging me with a Felony. Had it happened under the previous law that my others I was sentenced on this should be a first.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wanting to know is it possible to fight that and if so what type of Attorney I would need to find? Thanks, Shane
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

It is possible to fight it by claiming it is an unconstitutional law which isn't exactly the same as suing the legislature. Like you would claim it is an "ex post facto" law and that you are "grandfathered" under the old law.

You would start with a Civil Rights attorney and then the next best choice would be an attorney that does Civil Litigation. You can find both of those at www.lawyers.com.