Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

My fiancé has a harassing communications warrant against m,

Customer Question

my fiancé has a harassing communications warrant against him, which i initiated, but am wanting the charges dropped. Is there any way to prevent him from having to get booked, finger printed, etc in this matter. He will lose his medical license if sometime is not done quickly
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anything I can do to get the warrant dropped since I initiated it
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of criminal law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

In this situation, the prosecutor has the discretion to proceed forward with charges, based on the nature of the complaint, even if you request the charges be dropped. That said, it is hard to prosecute when you don't have a witness for which the charge emanates.

You need to set up a meeting with the prosecutor to which the case is assigned. An in person meeting normally does the trick. You need to give him or her a written request that is signed by you in which you formally request that the charges be dropped and in which you state that you will not be a witness in any prosecution. Respectfully ***** ***** they observe your request for privacy as you work out this very personal matter.

That is about all you can do, but that should be enough.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please also rate my answer positively.

Best wishes going forward!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do meet with the prosecutor, etc does he need to turn himself in and get booked, etc? There's the possibility of losing his medical license
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's wanting to avoid that whole process due to questions asked to renew medical license and active warrant.

No, you should go in by yourself. If he goes in, there is a good chance he gets detained, booked, etc. If that were to happen, even if the charges are dismissed later, it can affect his record and thus his license. You need to do this by yourself, without him being present.

I am sorry it took me a while to respond. I was away from my desk.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please don't forget to rate my answer positively as well.

Thanks

Just checking in on you to see if you have any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Best wishes!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to talk with the prosecutor today

Fantastic! Let me know if you have any other questions. Please remember to rate my answer positively as well so that I can receive credit for my work. Thanks!