Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

I received the discharge of conviction from the state of

Customer Question

I received the discharge of conviction from the state of California I was in prison ten years ago am I allowed to carry a firearm
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you were convicted of a felony of any type and/or a crime that would be considered a crime of violence, you cannot legally carry a firearm unless the conviction is nonadjudicated, restoration of the right to carry or unless you receive a pardon, either from the governor of the state of conviction or from the President of the United States.

So, a discharge of conviction, by itself, would not allow you to carry a firearm.

I wish I had better news for you under the circumstances. I am a licensed attorney that have over a dozen years experience dealing with firearm related legal topics. I frequently speak at engagements and lectures on the topic as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please also rate my answer positively (4 or 5 stars) so I can receive credit for my work.

Best!

Just checking in on you to see if you have any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Best