Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My fiancé was arrested last year violence. The charges were

Customer Question

My fiancé was arrested last year for domestic violence. The charges were dropped. She was not convicted. She served community service and did the required classes ordered by the judge. She is now trying to apply for a new job and the arrest is showing up on her record. It is the only negative thing on her background check. Can this arrest be removed from her record so that it won't show up when a background check is done in the future?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Hello:

I will be glad to try to help you today. Here, you mention that the charges were dropped only after she completed certain classes by the judge and performed community service. Do you happen to know if the state "nolled" the matter or if it was continued in excess of 13 months? Or was there a different type of disposition (or outcome)?

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Additionally, you mentioned that this was last year. There is an important deadline of 13 months after a certain date. Was the termination of her case in excess of 13 months?