CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

How do i prosecute a family member class g?

Customer Question

How do i prosecute a family member for embezzlement class g ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. This is a crime against the State. As such, it is the State that prosecutes and represents your legal interest as the victim. As such, you would need to go to the police and file a report, so an investigation can be started. You want to bring along with you the evidence which you have, to show and support this claim. The police will then determine if there was a crime committed and if so, make an arrest and charge the person and then turn the case over to the State for prosecution.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!