Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Got caught wit wizzanator dropping urian is dat a charge

Customer Question

Got caught wit wizzanator dropping urian for pretrial is dat a charge
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that you were caught trying to falsify the results of a drug test? This could be considered tampering with evidence, which would be a felony, though I have never seen anyone charged with that for trying to beat a drug test. Instead, it generally counts as a positive test and if you are on probation would be the basis for a violation. It could also get you bounced from Drug Court.

If you tell me more about the status of your case, I can give you more information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a herion case and im out on pretrial and they drug test me weekly
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

When you say you're out on pretrial, do you mean that you are in a pre-trial diversion program, where you must test weekly and if you successfully complete your sentence the case will be dismissed?

If that is what you're talking about, you'd have been better off getting a positive than being caught tampering with the test. You might have gotten a break on a positive, but you will likely reopen your case and lose the diversion possibility because of the tampering.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm out on sor bond till my case over
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a lawyer? If so, you need to tell him about this, so that he can make an argument to keep you at liberty if there's a hearing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u sure its not a new charge in Toledo ohio
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

It could be a tampering with evidence charge as I have already said. But I have never seen it charged as one under your circumstances. I am not, however, a Toledo, Ohio lawyer. I'll be happy to opt out so that an Ohio lawyer can pick this up.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.
It is a bond violation, which is grounds to revoke your bond and it is contempt of court. You can be jailed and fined for both of those. Contempt of court is not really a separate charge, it stems from your original charge and it is a punishment for not abiding by the court's order.