Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

In1992 l plead guilty to aideing and abbeding the

Customer Question

In1992 l plead guilty to aideing and abbeding the distribution of 3 grams of cocain across state lines. I received 6 months with work release. Since that time I have never had another charge for anything. I have sent in the paper work to the Governor of wv to apply for a pardon but have not heard back. Is there any other thought that I can take to have my rights reenststed?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The only thing you can do is the pardon application. If you never received any response when you submitted the application, you need to contact the office of pardons and parole and find out what the status is of your application. You cannot submit a new application until you know the status of the previous one. If the previous one was denied, then you would need to submit a new application with some more community leader letters of recommendation to try to give more support to your request that the pardon should be granted.
This is the only way to get relief from disabilities of your conviction.