Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Does fbi investigate alcoholics?

Customer Question

does fbi investigate alcoholics?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

The FBI is a law enforcement agency and will investigate anyone whom they have reason to believe may be committing a Federal crime. That would include alcoholics and other substance abusers.

I suspect, however, that you probably have something more specific in mind when you asked your question. If you provide me with more details, I can add to my answer and make it less general.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a bad feeling I wasat the texas house treatment center and left, broke into my lake house and smoke a joint with an ex=cop or under cover cop. gave him a trailer four wheeler that was mine. I was going to go on the instead of prison for a felony dwi. now I feel stupid because I got 2 years at cenikor but my heart hurt and im paranoid now even to walk outside. I feel like im on the run.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I don't see anything in this scenario that would interest the FBI. If there is a warrant for your arrest because you left a treatment program, that would be a state and not a Federal issue.