Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My son is in prison and is beat up everyday he has stabbed

Customer Question

My son is in prison and is beat up everyday he has stabbed beaten they moved him around a few times now they have him in protective unit but now he is receiving notes that he is is getting a beaten there going to kill him my son is in fear I spoke to his lawyer he said there was nothing he could I did call the prison they said they would investigate I don't know what to do
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is in there for violating a restraining order by knocking on a door at my place of employment also girlfriends employment I took the day of for an appointment
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Your son is in protective custody and the prison has an obligation to keep your son safe there. Your son's lawyer could try to contact the legal staff for the prison and alert them to this problem. Perhaps Corrections can work out a transfer to a different facility.

If your son's lawyer can't or won't take this matter further, try the ACLU. They advocate all over the country on behalf of prisoners rights issues. If they can't take this particular matter on, they have branches throughout the US and can probably direct you to a local civil rights lawyer who can assist.