CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I am in the process of possibly having my probation revoked

Customer Question

I am in the process of possibly having my probation revoked for supposedly drinking while on unsupervised probation for a first offense DUI. although my citation was dismissed through municipal court, the county is still trying to revoke my probation. I have an attorney who is as lazy as they come and has done very little to help at this point. I'm moving out of state in two days. if the county attorney revokes my bond, willl they try to incarcerate me in the state im moving to?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. If you are violated, a warrant will likely be issued for your arrest. Even though the citation was dismissed, a term and condition of your probation was that you can not pick up any new charges and the burden fora violation of probation hearing, is much lower then a criminal trial. If you move out of State, the warrant would remain active. If you are stopped by the police, they would be able to see the warrant and would take you into custody. You would be held and they would contact the county who issued it, to see if they want to extradite you and bring you back, to answer to the charge.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!