LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

I was arrested in pa, I was never convicted. It was

Customer Question

I was arrested in pa for posession, I was never convicted. It was expunged . When I apply for a job where it says was I ever arrested. Do I put yes or no
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you applying for a job with the government, a bank of a school district?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already work for a school district and I am filling out a questioneer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this happened after I was working for them
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

While it is necessary to declare the arrest when you apply for your teaching license with the state, when asked by the school district whether you have ever been arrested---if the expungement was of not only the criminal possession charge, but of the arrest as well (you need to look at your expungement order), then you may answer no when asked about the arrest record.

If the arrest was not itself included in the expungement order, then you will have to respond that you have previously been arrested.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug