Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I like to pursue a case against my General Contractor and

Customer Question

I like to pursue a case against my General Contractor and Landlord against California Penal code 182 sud (a)(4), which is conspiracy to commit frarud. The problem is that my business has gone out of business because the GC & landlord conspiring together to ensure that we would go out of business. Now, I am trying to figure out how to get the courts involved. By involved I am looking for a way to get a court action to stave off our creidtor until the courts can sort things out...what should I do.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If you want to have criminal charges filed under the CA Penal Code, you should consider making a police report and allow the District Attorney to decide if there is enough evidence to prosecute.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

What you cite is a criminal code. And that needs to go through the District Attorney's office. If you want to sue them for the deliberate and intentional tort of destroying your business, you will need to consider consulting with a local attorney to bring that civil lawsuit. But you can proceed with the criminal charges by way of the police and the DA.