Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

A Las Vegas strip club charged me over $38000 on my credit

Customer Question

A Las Vegas strip club charged me over $38000 on my credit card, and I do not remember doing this.
I was at the club and agreed to go up to the VIP room with 3 girls for $460 each. After that, I do not recall charging this much that almost maxed my credit card. I think I was drugged.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

You may file a criminal complaint with the Las Vegas police department.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's the answer I paid $58 to get? What about filing a suit against them to get my money back? I sent a dispute to the credit card company, but they don't seem to be helping me too much.

The police can determine the charging. If you were surreptitiously given a drug, that's assault. If the person did so trick into using your credit card, that's a larceny. If multiple person at the club planned to steal from you, that's a conspiracy. But again, you don't need to determine any of this, the police and DA will.

You can certainly sue the club for fraud, conspiracy, assault, and a number of other torts.

The above said, strip clubs get these complaints often. It's not a claim that is typically very easy to prove. The dollar amount seems to be very large, and that will weigh in your favor, but don't be surprised if the police are less than helpful when you make the claim. I would imagine in Las Vegas they receive this complaint quite often.