Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My wife has a injuction on me i cant call her and i cant

Customer Question

hey my wife has a injuction on me i cant call her and i cant call to talk to my son but she had my son call me and left a message saying he misses me and hes sorry i had to leave the house and he loves me hes 6 i havent seen him in 26 day im going to go
crazy hard to deal
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

If there's a protective order you still can't talk to your wife. When there's an order in place, only the courts can make it go away. The parties cannot just decide to forgive each other because that can get you arrested for violating the order, and the fact that your wife invited you to violate the order by being the one to initiate some kind of contact with you, will not save you from an arrest and new charges.

Bring the phone call to the attention of your lawyer. He can contact the DA and the judge and perhaps get the order modified or lifted.