Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Ex had me buy s house on auction (realtor) found out it was

Customer Question

Ex had me buy his house on auction (realtor) found out it was fraud with friend (broker) he ended up with the house for free and broker got the land and is almost done building homes homes on it. He said I could go to jail but I did not receive any thing and am scared.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I would be happy to discuss your question with you by phone.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It seems your previous expert has opted out and had to leave. I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.

If you committed fraud in order to make the purchase, then they could file criminal charges against you for the fraud, but if they have already taken the land and house and have not yet filed charges, then they are not likely to file such charges. However, you say you did nothing wrong, so what specific fraud are they accusing you of committing because you had to do something wrong in making the purchase (such as providing false information to the lenders etc) for them to prosecute you for anything.