Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

In not a criminal case. I want to pay a family member

Customer Question

In not a criminal case. I want to pay a family member vehicle but need letter of protection from an accident settlement he will receive within six months to pay me back. Need to know if his agreement can be revoked at the moment he receives his money.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

So what you are doing is loaning money to your family member until he gets his settlement - correct?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest if you have a contract similar to below and it is signed by the Family member in front of a Notary that will be enforceable should they try to not pay as agreed.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

And so the contract can read

YOUR NAME AND OTHER PARTY agree to the following:

1 - YOUR NAME Will loan OTHER PARTY name whatever the amount of money is. This amount is the balance payoff for the vehicle and describe the vehicle.

2 - OTHER PARTY agrees to repay the amount, without interest/with interest on whatever date you want the loan repaid by.

Should the other party's name not repay as agreed and the matter needs to go to court, the other party's name agrees any and all legal cost needed to enforce this contract will be paid by them.

HAVE them sign it in front of a Notary.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site. If you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here.

Thank you

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If you don't want to draft the contract yourself, you can have a local attorney do it for you.