Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

At age 16 I was arrested and charged with assualt. I've done

Customer Question

At age 16 I was arrested and charged with assualt. I've done my community service and gave complied with my probation. I turn 17 , can my juvenile officer or court still have the right to order a blood drug test?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Have you been discharged from probation? If not and you are still under court mandate, then generally the answer would be yes. You could involve a lawyer and get before the judge to eee if this type of intrusive test is necessary and if some less invasive test could be ordered. But unless the decision to test you is without any real basis, a judge would likely agree with the testing.