Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughter was in a college town this weekend and goofing

Customer Question

My daughter was in a college town this weekend and goofing around with her boyfriend, a police officer grabbed her and arrested her for domestic battery and told the boyfriend to get out of her / they were in a public place - they kept Her in jail two days. This seems very fishy / what happens next
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but unsure of your question. Are you asking what happens after the arrest? The process for criminal prosecution?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To start with, How can they just arrest her for domestic battery when they didn't even identify the victim and how does any of this make sense?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I do not know...I know nothing about this (other than the paragraph you posted). Would it help to chat on the phone about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't want to call as I have no satisfaction from the response received thus far, how do I close the request.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR and would be pleased to assist you, but you need to understand the reason you "have no satisfaction from the response received thus far" is because sometimes the experts need additional information the customer failed to supply in order for the expert to fully answer the customer's question. This system is a back and forth process between customer and expert and when the customer gets upset and does not cooperate and answer the expert's questions, then this system does not work well.

If you would like to proceed, we would be glad to help you, but you have to tell us what we need to know as we were not present and do not know the details of what took place that led to your daughter being arrested. If so, please tell us what she was doing "goofing around" with the boyfriend and also what did the boyfriend do, if anything?