Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In last three months my close relative had three surgeries.

Customer Question

In last three months my close relative had three surgeries. Was put on Norco, although he had trouble with it before. GOT USED TO IT AGAIN. Now he is cutting down on this drug, but is having hard time. Three weeks ago got prescription for Norco from doctor. A few days later got another prescription from other doctor, working for same office. But filled second prescription only after the first one was used, according to prescription instruction.
Then he filled another prescription and keeps tapering off cutting pills in half and taking them just two times a day. Prescriptions were filled in same pharmacy. Norco was prescribed for pain after surgeries.
California has tough drug laws. Can he be convicted of doctor
shopping? What he should do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Sorry...perhaps I am missing something...did your relative go to several doctors to obtain these prescriptions?