Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I have a pistol license pistol in NC. Do I have to have

Customer Question

I have a pistol license for a pistol in NC. Do I have to have another license to buy a second pistol in NC?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

From what I see on the sheriff's website, you need a permit for each pistol that you purchase, so reading between the lines, you'd have to apply again and get approval to purchase an additional handgun. You can double-check by calling your county sheriff's office.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gathered that info also; however, I own several cars and only have one license. That's why I asked the question.Thank you.Ken
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

I understand that. I have handled several thousand criminal cases and have only one law license. But that doesn't mean the licenses are comparable.

What you are asking about is not a carry permit. You'd only need one carry permit no matter how many guns you have. You are asking about a purchase permit. which has only a finite window of opportunity for you to be able to use it and then it expires.