Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

Under what conditions can a po place you on house arrest

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The only circumstances that a parole officer can place you on house arrest is if you have violated the terms of your parole AND the order of the court specificically states that violation of the parole shall result in institution of house arrest. This should also be reported to the court that issued the order on the individual as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please also rate my answer positively.

Best!

Did you have any other questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husbands residence is at his parents he is on supervised probation he was at my house the other night when they made a home visit they called his phone asked his location he told them he had an appt Friday when he got there they told him if he did not sign a paper then he was going to jail

They can actually take that approach, unfortunately if it is allowed in the order that prescribes the terms of his probation. I know it is harse, but it is likely permissible. Just make sure to read the order that describes his probation terms to make sure. If not, he can petition the court and have them ordered to stand down.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively (4 or 5 stars) so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks!