CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Is it illegal if you touch yourself under the towel and

Customer Question

Is it illegal if you touch yourself under the towel and finish while your massage is going on in california?
I recently went for a massage and asked if I could have my inner thigh rubbed (I made it clear not my private parts and would keep that unexposed). From there, I had my legs and chest rubbed while I masturbated myself with a towel keeping my penis and balls covered as to not be seen.
I also paid cash and the extent of my paperwork was a sheet where I put my name and address.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Did the person who was giving the massage say anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happened is I asked for my inner thigh and/or pelvis to be rubbed and did mention out loud I know you can't rub this area or touch this (pointing at my penis), but asked if they could rub around where I was having discomfort and tight muscles. I was not touching myself at this point or even trying to.From this, she continued to rub in safe areas (I was unaware there are areas outside of the private parts that still cannot be touched) and because I was aroused I did slowly start to to rub 'myself'. She did say she would go outside so I could alone. I apologized and asked if it was okay is I stayed under the towel. I continued to ask if what I was doing under the towel was okay with her and if I needed to stop. I was never told 'no' or anything that was meant for me to stop. She would mumble something but never left the room or further directed me to quit what I was doing and during this time she never saw under the towel. This lasted only 3-4 minutes tops and most of that time she rubbed my chest. When I stopped she continued to rub my chest for the remaining few minutes I had left in the 60 minute massage and left the room so I could change and brought me a cup of water. I did tip her after the massage, but this is what I believe is customary after every massage.The massage place is really a low-end hole in the wall, and the masseuses I had did seem friendly and like a well-intentioned person. This is not something I normally do and I have been considering going back for another massage today to get the knots out of my back and asking for the same person. I thought that I would also apologize if I offended or did anything I wasn't suppose to the day before (I don't feel like I did anything illegal and wasn't my intention to try and get a 'happy ending') and make sure I know she is completely okay with what happened. I would then go through the massage and make sure that the event did not repeat itself. Is this a good/bad idea? What should I do? Just forget about it?How

You can not do what you did. Even though your genitals were not exposed, you can not lay there and touch yourself in that manner. If nothing has happened to date, it is unlikely that everything would. If you wanted to go back, that would be at your discretion but it may be better to find another place, to avoid any possible contact or cause problems. If you did go back, nothing should be said or mentioned, unless it is brought up by them and you should never do this again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This makes sense and thank you. I accidentally hit the phone call request, but I don't need to talk on the phone. Thank you!

No problem and I kindly ask that you just rate my help at the top of the page, so I can get credit for my help.