Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I just took a,plea deal it was a class 1 misdemeanor and a

Customer Question

I just took a,plea deal it was a class 1 misdemeanor and a class 4 felony I was in front of the judge he read the m1 deal and all the content when he got to the f5he asked if my answer was the same as before I did say yes but that is it how can the felony stand there was at least 3 more pages,to it I did not know,I was answer yes to
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

The plea can stand because it was a negotiated plea you wished to take and the judge does not have to allocute you as to everything you'd already admitted to. If you don't believe you were fully informed about what you were pleading to, however, you can speak to your lawyer about that. If he can't address your concerns to your satisfaction and that changes your mind about taking the plea, you can tell him to try to get your plea back on the felony on your sentencing date or to have the judge reallocute you on the plea so that you are sure that you know precisely what you're pleading to.