Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I have been charged felonies and a class a misdemeanor for

Customer Question

I have been charged for two felonies and a class a misdemeanor for "theft" of unemployment benefits totaling $4100...according to charges it happened 3 yrs ago. I am going back to court Thursday for "pretrial?" I have only 2 misdemeanor a on my record and those are to deal with my license. Should I be concerned on going to jail Thursday? Grand larceny and Falsifying business records are the felonies
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Pretrial is not an arraignment. It is where the attorneys will discuss any motions that have been filed. Has your attorney filed any Motions such as for discovery to obtain evidence or for a dismissal?

At any rate, there should be no reason to place you in jail. If you take a plea at the time of pre trial or any time during the proceeding you can remain on bond until sentencing. Of course, in considering a plea, you want to be sure the sentence is a suspended sentence and probation so that you do not actually spend any time in jail.