Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
12176198

I am going before the prosecutor hearing against my husband

Customer Question

I am going before the prosecutor for a hearing against my husband and his new attorney he hired. On the indictment is reads he "pushed" me and that is the case and more. I want his attorney and the prosecutor I am there and will be there from here on out. I want to make sure the facts are straight. I have sent many emails with a time line of events since the felony assault. What is the best way to approach the prosecutor? This is my husbands 5th offense and I want to do all I can to prevent him from walking on this one.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The best way usually to get in contact with the prosecutor is to try to call them in advance and arrange for a time to meet with them before the hearing. Every office has different protocols, but typically, if you try to talk to the prosecutor on the day of the hearing, it will be difficult. Prosecutors usually have more than one case going on, and have a number of witnesses and issues to deal with, so it is a busy time and it makes it very hard to have a meaningful conversation with a victim. So if you can call the office in advance (they should be able to let you know who the specific prosecutor is for your case) and ask to set up an appointment, they are usually agreeable, since you are the main witness for their case and they generally want to hear what you have to say.

You may also want to inquire as to whether the prosecutor's office has a victim/witness department. Some do, some do not. But if they do, you can register with them and they will usually keep you up to date on court hearings and it makes it easier for the prosecutor handling the case to keep in touch with you.

Good luck...I sincerely ***** ***** are able to get justice with the case.