Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

What is your advice to my daughter she goes in front of

Customer Question

what is your advice to my daughter for when she goes in front of mast. ? Will it help at all if I get a lawyer for her ? She is in nursing school and I'm not sure if this will be on her record and for how long? What is the worst case scenario? Thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Does she have any prior criminal record?

.

Has she actually received any citation yet?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No prior record, never in trouble for anything.
It just happened today and they didn't give her a citation- they said they would be sending it in mail
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then if it were my daughter, I would tell her to contact the DA's office when she receives the citation and see if they have a local "pretrial diversion" program where she is put on probation, does some community service, attends some substance abuse classes, and then if she successfully completes probation, the charge is dismissed and never shows up on her record.

.

It is a one time shot to keep her record clean so it is definitely worth inquiring about it..

.

.

thanks