Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My brother in law was arrested 422 along with a DUI and

Customer Question

Hi, my brother in law was arrested for CPC 422 along with a DUI and spent three days in jail with bail. His next hearing is in November. Does this mean he "has" a felony on his record now, or has he not yet been convicted?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

No. He would not have a felony until he has been tried and convicted. I suggest he will want to consult with a local attorney long before his hearing date. And if he cannot afford a private attorney, consult with the public defender and they are usually located in offices in or near the court house.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you