Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

DPS was sent to my sister's house accusing her of child

Customer Question

DPS was sent to my sister's house accusing her of child abuse because of her child's birth mark called mongolian birthmark. She did her job in proving his birthmarks. She was not happy of the actions taken by school so she took the child out of there. Now they are charging her $800.00 because she did not give them 30 days advance notice. She tried to explain to them how could I when they are the ones who accused me and she did not feel comfortable as they had slandered her. The are threatening her of suing her if she does not pay.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

What is your legal question about the situation you have described?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does she have any legal options to keep from paying the lack of 30 day notice payment in light of these circumstances?

Thank you for your follow up.

While I cannot comment on your specific case, generally, as long as, the tuition contract with the school states that a 30 day notice has to be given, the parent of the student will be legally liable to pay tuition if the 30 day notice was not given.

If the school has engages in any wrongdoing, then such instance of wrongdoing should be evaluated by a local attorney to determine if there is any legal recourse that exist under the circumstances.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.