Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My son was arrested and accused of child abuse and child

Customer Question

Hi. My son was arrested and accused of child abuse and child endangerment. The judge agreed to reduce it to misdeamoner (first offense) but the DA filed a complaint refecting child abuse endangerment. And this is whats showing on public record so he can't get a job. I read i. The notice of child abuse child abuse central index that reports maintained by California Department of Justucd are confidential and only disclosed to statuatorily authorized parties. So why is it showing when a prospect employer runs his background check? And what steps can i take to get it removed or concealed. His cas was concealed by the court. Please help
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the judge sealed the case, then your son needs to file a motion to seal the computer records as well, since they should not be released. Your son needs to go back to the court to have the court order the records unit seal his computer record from public disclosure, that is the only way to correct this situation. If you say the court ordered that initially, then it is likely a clerical error or it was never sent to the records division to seal the record and that is why he needs to go back to the court and ask for a new order to seal the public record on the case.