Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I live in St. Louis, MO now and the crime I committed was in

Customer Question

I live in St. Louis, MO now and the crime I committed was in Memphis, TN. I did my time and it's been over twenty five years. I would like to have my record expunged or sealed. Where can I find a lawyer in St. Louis, MO or Memphis, TN to help.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Was it a misdemeanor or felony?

What was the crime?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a felony 2nd° murder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Convicted October 1988
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you.

You will need to consider the following:

1 - Apply for and be granted a Governor's Pardon/Clemency.

You can click this link for that application and information

2 - The pardon will only make you eligible to then Petition the Court of conviction for expungment of the court records and sealing of the arrest records from the law enforcement data bases.

3 - Once you have gotten the Pardon, you then Petition the court of conviction for the removal of all information in this regard.

The Pardon does not mean you will be granted the expungment. It only makes you eligible to petition the court. Without the Pardon, you are not eligible to Petition for the expungment.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

The Pardon process could take 12 to 18 months, depending on the back log. But in the long run it will be worth the effort. And you need to apply in TN because that is where you were convicted.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get started
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Once you get that filled in you will mail it to DIVISION OF BOARD OPERATIONS 404 ***** *****on Parkway, Suite 1300 Nashville, Tennessee###-##-####

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you