Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

If i had a misdemeanor case and it was dismissed or disposed

Customer Question

If i had a misdemeanor case for theft and it was dismissed or disposed on nolle diversion when ask on a application I'm not sure what to put when ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

If the question asks if you've been convicted then the answer is "no".

Neither a dismissal nor a nolle prosequi count as a conviction. In both of those situations the DA abandons the charge and so a conviction could not take place.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.