CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I am in new york state and i went on backpage.com and

Customer Question

i am in new york state and i went on backpage.com and emailed an escort maybe undercover cop that i wanted to meet in whetafield, ny on tuesday is that illegal?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. What makes you think it was a police officer who was undercover?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it said it might be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just threw it out there not knowing really as a joke really

Thank you. If this was an undercover operation, they are going to want to see an intent and an agreement to exchange sex for cash. Typically, they would press for you to meet up and once everything is discussed and agreed to, bust you at that time. Merely emailing the alleged escort, would not likely be enough for them to just come and arrest you and if you have any doubt, you need to stay off that site and avoid meeting up with anyone and the talk of paying for sex or other services.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!