Benicia Baker-Livors
Benicia Baker-Livors,
Experience:  Managing member at Family Law Group
15238708

Is it illegal to have a 15 year old girl stay the night with

Customer Question

is it illegal to have a 15 year old girl stay the night with a 21 year old man by themselves?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Benicia Baker-Livors replied 1 year ago.

Spending the night without any sexual activity is not per se illegal if the parents consent. If, however, you are implying sexual activity of any kind (even just fondling) this age difference is illegal in every state I know about and federally. If a state line was crossed to get to the child, it can be a federal crime.

If the information I provide below is what you are seeking, please consider providing a positive review. THANKS.

Here is an excellent article explaining the age of consent in Louisiana. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/louisiana-age-of-consent-lawyers.html