Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My friend had a warrant and she paid the rest of her fines

Customer Question

My friend had a warrant for vop and she paid the rest of her fines and they wanted her to do weekends in jail and she wasn't able to. Do you think they will just let it go cause she paid what she was supposed too?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Typically, no, they will not just let this go because she failed to turn herself in and serve her court-ordered sentence That means she still has owes the state time. Also, in my experience, she is going to have to fight to get back weekend incarceration, because they now see her as a flight risk and will almost certainly want her to do straight time.

If she has a lawyer, she needs to involve him with this matter. She's going to have to appear before the judge to get the warrant lifted and she'll have an opportunity at that time to argue her case and try to argue against any kind of jail sentence -- try to get house arrest instead -- or make a good argument to get weekend incarceration back.